June 20, 2023
We’re hiring a Development Coordinator!
Join the Presidio Theatre Development and Communications team.
Position Title: Development Coordinator
Schedule: Full-time or Flexible Part-time, Non-Exempt, Hybrid
Supervision: Director of Development and Communications
Compensation: $60,000-65,000 yearly
ABOUT THE PRESIDIO THEATRE
The Presidio Theatre is a modern performing arts center, originally built in 1939 by the U.S. Army with funding from the Works Progress Administration. Today, the mission of the Theatre is to ensure that the magic of live performance is accessible to the entire community. By reawakening an architectural jewel in the Presidio and creating a professionally run venue that reflects the rich diversity of the Bay Area, the Presidio Theatre encourages artists to grow and flourish.
ABOUT THE POSITION AND YOU
The Presidio Theatre is looking for an organized and out-going Development Coordinator. The Development Coordinator is an exciting growth-opportunity for an emerging performing arts or non-profit professional interested in fundraising from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government agencies through in-person, online, and written solicitations and events.
The Development Coordinator plays an important role in assisting the Theatre’s Development Team build positive relationships with donors and partners, and meet the Theatre’s fundraising goals. The Coordinator will help foster an organizational culture of philanthropy, stewardship, and gratitude by managing donor benefit fulfillment for all giving levels and maintaining donor recognition listings. The Coordinator reports to the Theatre’s Director of Development and Communications and is part of the Theatre’s Development and Communications team.
This position is ideal for people who are eager to immerse themselves in a hands-on development team, work in a collaborative environment with arts professionals, and help champion the Theatre. This position has a pathway for advancement and promotion, and it will report to the Director of Development and Communications while working closely with the Theatre’s artistic and administrative staff and Board of Directors.
- Coordinate the solicitation of gifts through in-person asks, direct mail, online campaigns, and cultivation events.
- Opportunity to collaboratively work with staff to generate new cultivation and stewardship event ideas and donor recognition opportunities for members.
- Review show attendance lists on a daily basis and inform staff when donors are in the Theatre.
- Track gifts on a daily basis, ensure accurate and timely gift processing, reporting, and donor acknowledgement.
- Write and/or edit all donor acknowledgments and send to donors on a weekly basis.
- Assist submitting grant applications and grant activity reports with the support of the Director of Development and Communications.
- Calendar all institutional deadlines for proposals and reports.
- Generate the weekly revenue report for Development team review as well as other giving reports requested.
- Collaborate with staff to execute donor engagement and stewardship cultivation events.
- Assist in the coordination of Board Meetings.
- Attend weekly Development and Communications Team meetings, theatre Events Team meetings, and staff meetings.
- Other related tasks
- 2+ years of experience working in development, fundraising, artist services, or related role(s)
- Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) databases such as Salesforce, Tessitura, or Blackbaud
- Professional integrity and ability to manage donor and financial information with confidentiality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent customer service
- Detail oriented with very strong organizational skills
- Experience coordinating projects, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Preferred experience coordinating in-person events
- Preferred experience submitting successful grant applications and grant activity reports
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including some weekday and evening hours
- Position requires full vaccination and regular COVID testing
COMMITMENT TO RACIAL EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At the Presidio Theatre, we believe outstanding people are the key to our success. We value diversity in all its forms (background, experience, and perspective) and are committed to the values, principles, and practice of racial equity, diversity, and inclusion. These values, principles, and practices are essential to our mission and are reflected in how we operate, including search and hiring processes, promotion, and professional development. Presidio Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Email us your resumé at email@example.com. Please include a brief note or a link to a short video explaining why you would like to join our development team!