Last modified: December 9, 2019
The types of information we collect
Information automatically collected from you
- Information about your use of our Sites: Presidio Theatre may use a variety of technologies that passively or automatically collect information about how the Sites are accessed and used including but not limited to Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and other information regarding your interaction with the Sites.
- Cookies: Like most websites, we use “Cookies,” which are data files placed on a web browser when it is used to visit any of the Sites to facilitate site navigation and to personalize your experience, including tailoring content. Cookies may also be used to associate you with social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter and, if you so choose, enable interaction between your activities on the Sites and your activities on such social networking sites.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; or set your browser to automatically not accept any cookies. To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Pixels or Web Beacons: We use Google Tag Manager to manage and deploy tags such as pixel tags or web beacons, which are transparent graphic images placed on a web page or in an email and indicate that a page or email has been viewed or tell your browser to get content from another server.
Information we collect from third parties
We may receive information from third parties who provide services through their links on our Sites or when you donate to us as a nonprofit organization, including your name, physical and/or mailing address, phone number, email address and password.
How we use your information
We use your information for various purposes, including to:
- Respond to any contact you make with us through the contact information provided in the About section of our Sites;
- Communicate with you about services, offers, and latest events we think will be of interest to you;
- Provide the volunteer or rental information you request through our Sites;
- Process any employment application you send to us; and
- Understand how our Sites are used.
When and to whom we share this information
- With vendors and service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
- In response to a request for information, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including subpoenas or other lawful requests, such as by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, financing, sale, or transition of service to another company; and
- With the specific performers, performance groups, or renters of the Presidio Theatre providing the performance for which you purchased tickets as a means for them to communicate regarding future shows.
Choice – Your ability to opt out of notifications
If you would like to discontinue receiving promotional communications from us, you may update your email preferences by using the “Unsubscribe from this list” link found in emails we send to you. You may also change your preferences online by using the “Update your preferences” link found also in the emails we send to you.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt-out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
These cookie-based opt-outs must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted out. For example, if you have opted out on your computer browser, that opt-out will not be effective on your mobile device. You must separately opt-out on each device.
“Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals. For information about “do-not-track”, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
The Sites are not intended for children under 13. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from anyone under 13 years of age.
Security of your information
We maintain reasonable safeguards to protect your personal information against loss as well as any unauthorized access to or use, disclosure or destruction of, your personal information. We require third parties providing services on our behalf to do the same. However, no transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Links to other websites and third-party contents
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide our services or as otherwise permitted by law. We will retain and use this information as necessary to provide our services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Changes and policy updates