June 27, 2022
The Presidio Theatre is hiring Box Office Assistants
Come work with us in a newly-renovated theatre in one of the most visited national parks in the country!
- Position Title: Box Office Assistant
- Schedule: Part-time, Non-Exempt
- Supervision: Marketing Manager
- Salary: $20-25/hour
ABOUT THE PRESIDIO THEATRE
The Presidio Theatre is a modern performing arts center, originally built in 1939 by the U.S. Army with funding from the Works Progress Administration. Today, the mission of the Theatre is to ensure that the magic of live performance is accessible to the entire community. By reawakening an architectural jewel in the Presidio and creating a professionally run venue that reflects the rich diversity of the Bay Area, the Presidio Theatre encourages artists to grow and flourish.
ABOUT THE POSITION AND YOU
The Box Office Assistant is responsible for the Theatre’s in-person and phone ticket sales, generating show reports, answering phone calls, and managing volunteer ushers used for Will Call as needed. The Box Office Assistant reports to the Theatre’s Marketing Manager and is part of the Theatre’s Development and Communications team.
- Ensures the smooth running of the Presidio Theatre’s box office, including selling tickets, answering phone calls, and running show reports
- Creates positive ticket-buying experiences for attendees including VIPs and donors
- Assists with free public events and school audience events, supporting community members, youth, parents, and teachers at performances
- Other related tasks
- Previous experience in a customer-facing sales or cashier role
- Strong interest in the arts
- Knowledge of point-of-sale or ticketing systems like Spektrix, Salesforce, or EventBrite
- Access to a personal computer and internet connection for remote work
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure right before curtain opens
- Ability to problem-solve, show sound judgment, and maintain confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Available to work a flexible schedule of ten hours a week, including some weekday afternoons and some weekend evenings
COMMITMENT TO RACIAL EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At the Presidio Theatre, we believe outstanding people are the key to our success. We value diversity in all its forms (background, experience and perspective) and are committed to the values, principles, and practice of racial equity, diversity, and inclusion. These values, principles and practices are essential to our mission and are reflected in how we operate, including search and hiring processes, promotion and professional development. Presidio Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a brief note with your email or a link to a short video explaining why you would like to join our box office team! Be sure to let us know about your experience working in person or on the phone with customers.