We are reopening!
COVID-19 Safety Update
The Presidio Theatre is now open for outdoor classes.
The Presidio Theatre is currently offering a series of wellness classes in our outdoor, open-air Plaza. We will be reopening for indoor events this Summer.
The Theatre’s staff has worked with city officials and public safety experts to put new safety measures in place in preparation for reopening.
Some of the specific changes we have made include:
- Additional crowd-management devices.
- Shields, masks, and thermometers for staff.
- Hands-free sanitizer dispensers and portable hand washing stations throughout the Theatre.
- A phased plan for re-opening and an updated seating chart that would allow us to safely accommodate 40 guests outdoors and 200 guests indoors while maintaining 6’ of distance between patrons.
- Orange-Tier San Francisco reopening guidelines require 12′ between performers, 12′ between performers and guests, and 12′ between technical staff and guests.
- Regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces, specialized janitorial equipment and scent-free cleaning agents, and COVID-specific training to our janitorial staff.
- Enhanced restroom facilities.
- New door hardware and automatic lights to reduce the need to touch handles and switches throughout the space inside and out.
During reopening, there will be new guidelines for visitors, which could include:
- The Theatre will only be operating at 25% capacity. All guests will be asked to practice social distancing by maintaining 6 feet of distance from other patrons at all times.
- To protect staff and visitors, everyone must wear a face mask that fully covers their mouth and nose to enter the Theatre or the outdoor plaza. There will be no exceptions to the policy. If anyone is unable to comply, refunds and exchanges may be available.
- The coatroom may not available; large bags (more than 11×15 inches) are not permitted; no baby backpacks or children on shoulders; no strollers inside the Theatre.
- Concessions may be limited during reopening and must follow San Francisco outdoor dining guidelines with tables 6′ apart.
- Clapping is encouraged. Sorry, vocal cheering is not allowed at this time.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. If you are part of an immunocompromised high-risk group, are in need of other accommodations, or have additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 563-8894.
We wish you and your loved ones good health and look forward to seeing you again soon.