March 3, 2022
Presidio Theatre is hiring a Marketing Coordinator
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for helping the Theatre meet its sales and attendance goals by leading the Theatre’s marketing activities.
Position Title: Marketing Coordinator
Schedule: Full-time, Exempt
Supervision: Director of Development and Communications
Last Revised: February 25, 2022
Salary Range: $50,000-60,000
Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About the Presidio Theatre
The historic Presidio Theatre was built in 1939 by the U.S. Army with funding from the Works Progress Administration (WPA). The Theatre is located next to the Parade Grounds on the Main Post of the Presidio of San Francisco in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. In 2017, after lying vacant for 25 years, the Theatre underwent a $44 million renovation transforming it into a contemporary performing arts center through the vision and generosity of the Margaret E. Haas Fund. The Theatre is now a home for a growing number of beloved San Francisco Bay Area artists and events including the Children’s Theatre Association of San Francisco and a new annual holiday show called Panto in the Presidio. In addition to presenting public performances and films, the Theatre offers free events for 7000+ public school children and teachers each year, hosts community meetings, provides classes, and serves as a rental venue.
About the Position and You
The Marketing Coordinator plays a pivotal role at the Presidio Theatre. Under the guidance of the Director of Development and Communications, this position is responsible for helping the Theatre meet its sales and attendance goals by leading the Theatre’s marketing activities and overseeing audience engagements through the Theatre’s onsite, online, and public touch points.
To thrive in this role, you are an experienced professional who:
- has a thorough understanding of digital and traditional marketing;
- has a familiarity and affinity with the performing arts field;
- is highly detail-oriented with outstanding follow through and interpersonal communication skills.
- Execute the Theatre’s integrated marketing strategy across digital, broadcast, direct, and OOH channels to achieve the Theatre’s sales and attendance targets.
- Generate and test new ideas to engage audiences.
- Manage the Theatre’s editorial and marketing calendar, ensuring that onsale dates, advertising campaign targets, and press deadlines are met.
- Identify opportunities, trends, and optimize spend and performance based on insights from the Theatre’s ticketing CRM (Spektrix), Google Analytics, and other tools.
- Execute the Theatre’s social media strategy.
- Manage Theatre’s website content.
- Draft editorial copy about Theatre productions and projects.
- Manage projects with outside advertising agencies and designers.
- Act as a Presidio Theatre representative at events.
- 2-4 years experience working in a role that included digital marketing and content creation, preferably in the performing arts or an adjacent field.
- Experience creating and executing successful integrated marketing campaigns for email, social media, SEO/SEM, OOH, retargeting, broadcast, and/or display advertising.
- Working knowledge of CMS, HTML, CSS, Social Media, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Docs.
- Understanding of audience acquisition, retention, and segmentation techniques.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics/Tag Manager.
- Ability to ideate, problem-solve, demonstrate sound news judgment, and maintain confidentiality.
- Though not a required qualification, preference will be given to candidates with a portfolio including graphic design and/or content production work.
- A successful applicant will be able to articulate a history of advocating for justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion in their work.
Commitment to Racial Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
At the Presidio Theatre, we believe outstanding people are the key to our success. We value diversity in all its forms (background, experience and perspective) and are committed to the values, principles and best practices in racial equity, diversity and inclusion. These values, principles and practices are essential to our mission and are reflected in how we operate, including search and hiring processes, promotion and professional development. We recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran’s status or age.