Event Manager Job Listing
June 9, 2021
The Presidio Theatre is hiring Event Managers. To apply, please contact Jennifer Tait, Director of Operations and Community Relations: email@example.com
Position Title: Event Manager
Schedule: On-call, Part-time, Non-Exempt
Supervision: Director of Operations and Community Relations
ABOUT THE PRESIDIO THEATRE
In September 2019 the revitalized Presidio Theatre re-opened its doors in San Francisco’s Presidio National Historic Landmark District. Vacant since 1995, the building was rehabilitated into a high quality and affordable multipurpose space for live theatre, cinema, dance, music, lectures, educational programming, and special events.
The mission of the Theatre is to ensure that the magic of live performance is accessible to the entire community. By reawakening an architectural jewel in the Presidio and creating a professionally run venue that reflects the rich diversity of the Bay Area, the Presidio Theatre encourages artists to grow and flourish.
ABOUT THE POSITION AND YOU
The Event Manager is a vital supportive member of the small Presidio Theatre team. With primary responsibility for the Theatre’s hands-on, day-to-day smooth running of events, the Event Manager supports the Director of Operations and Community Relations by monitoring the event activities and ensuring policies and procedures are upheld; overseeing the event timeline; instructing volunteer ushers; and providing feedback after an event. To thrive in this role, you are an entrepreneurial professional who:
- knows best practices and understands that high integrity work is critical to a nonprofit organization’s mission;
- is organized, proactive and flexible, detail oriented with outstanding follow through;
- has experience being an early team member in a start-up;
- has awesome interpersonal skills and a customer service-orientation;
- able to work independently as well as with teams;
- has a positive can-do attitude.
The beautifully restored theatre also mitigates a crisis facing performing artists in the Bay Area who are being displaced by the high cost of living, creating a permanent home where artists and audiences can find belonging and authentic connection.
- Maintains the smooth running of performances and rental events by monitoring the activities and ensuring policies and procedures are upheld. This includes performing an end of night walkthrough with Catering vendor to leave the space clean and clear.
- Assists in ensuring the success of events by providing feedback after an event and through the Event Manager Reports.
- Provides instruction to volunteer ushers in the form of an event specific volunteer orientation for the 600-seat theatre and outdoor Plaza.
- Oversees the event timeline ensuring the shows begin in a timely manner and audience members receive the best possible customer service in the process.
- Acts as a key player in ensuring the safety of the audience during emergency evacuations. Completes CPR and First Aid training to maintain required certification.
- Maintains effective working relationships with AV technicians, Box Office and Event Manager teams, and with clients, vendors and building maintenance services.
- Assists in building a solid community by nurturing interaction with volunteers and audience as well as with partners, clients and vendors.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to the performing arts (five years preferred).
- Solid knowledge of computer applications and systems, including Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to complete assignments and responsibilities accurately and in a timely manner, often with strict and/or conflicting deadlines.
- Dedicated team player with a commitment to the highest level of client (external and internal) service and collaboration.
- Ability to problem-solve, demonstrate sound judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
COMMITMENT TO RACIAL EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At the Presidio Theatre, we believe outstanding people are the key to our success. We value diversity in all its forms (background, experience and perspective) and are committed to the values, principles and best practices in racial equity, diversity and inclusion. These values, principles and practices are essential to our mission and are reflected in how we operate, including search and hiring processes, promotion and professional development. Presidio Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.